CACO Ocular Therapeutics Sample Questions
1. Acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin) causes which of the following metabolic effects?
A. Increased plasma iron concentration
C. gastro-intestinal ulceration
2. Decreased metabolism of corticosteroids leading to an increased corticosteroid effect is caused by the administration of
A. salicylate (Acnex).
B. rifampin (Rifadin).
C. estrogen (Premarin).
D. phenytoin (Dilantin).
3. In order for a drug to penetrate the cornea it must have
A. both fat-soluble and water-soluble components.
B. only fat-soluble components.
C. only water-soluble components.
D. either fat-soluble or water-soluble components.
4. Retinal hemorrhages can be caused by which of the following?
A. Cardiac glycosides
5. What class of agents causes the greatest increase in aqueous humour production?