The CACO Committee is responsible for:
- Articulating a Guide to the CACO including the architecture of the CACO and its rules and administrative policies
- Specifying the content and weighting of questions within the CACO to ensure fidelity between the CACO and CEO-ECO’s publications on the competencies necessary for quality optometric practice in Canada
- The preparation of questions and setting minimum performance levels for performance based components of the CACO
- Selecting the questions for the CACO
- The administration of the CACO
- Scoring and reporting results from the administration of the CACO.