The Publications Committee (formerly the Competence Committee) is responsible for researching, articulating, and publishing on:
- The nature and scope of quality optometric practice in Canada
- The competencies necessary for quality optometric practice in Canada
- The characteristics of excelling optometric practice in Canada
- The practice of optometry of the future
- And any other terminology that may be specified by the Board of Directors. In this, the Committee is expected to regularly consult with CEO-ECO’s Members, the provincial and national associations of optometry, the practising profession both nationally and internationally, and academics and researchers in optometry.